Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Hunt

Today when I got to the church to help my family do the cleaning after my yoga practice my husband informed me that the twins are going to ask me to go on a hike with them today. Funny, because I was thinking of asking them the same dog gone thing.

So, when we got in the car to head home, sure enough one of them said, "Hey Mom, can we go on a "hunt" today?" I laughed because we have been hiking a couple of times before together up at the park and we would play games like pretending we were Indians or hunting for treasure or even one time we spied on other people hiking pretending they were "bad guys". It's actually a lot of fun. So, of course I agreed that that would be a lot of fun today.

Today was another one of those fabulous 70+ degrees California days. After lunch, we loaded up the dogs and headed for the park. We started off on the trails but quickly launched off the trails to go explore - because I am not one to conform to structure. Oh, we were all over the place and had a lot of fun. Courtney complained mildly a couple of times about being tired but we kept on. Over hills, over rocks, over anything we could find.

They thought it was pretty humorous when we went up to this one area that I had stashed a water bottle in a few weeks earlier. JACOB HAD FOUND TREASURE!!! Because at that moment, water was truly a treasure - a much sought after treasure.

We hiked up to the top of one rock outcropping and were able to look down on a big section of the park, including the staging area. It was majestic!

As I sat there with the sun on my face, my children playing together and my dogs sniffing around, I actually felt as if I had found a bit of heaven. I think I take that back. I DID find heaven because I think that that is just the way I imagine it will be - warm, friendly, relaxing and blissful.

No comments: