Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dream or Life Lesson?

Today on the way home from church Brian (the "Destroyer" as we call him in our family) recited his dream he had last night to me.

"We were at a mutual activity, well it was set up like a mutual activity, and it was in the gym at the church except it was much larger than the gym we have. There was a whole rack of swords and we each had to choose our weapon. Once we were all ready to "go" another group of guys - like from another church or something - came into the gym and were facing us. We all heard the word "go" and off we went fighting.

There was a ton of blood shed as we were each killing each other. I was fighting next to Chad and he was getting tired so I was killing guys as they were about to attack him. I turned and began defending myself as there were numerous other guys ascending upon me. When I turned back I noticed that Chad had gotten killed and I was like, 'Aw, no way dude, we had each other's back. This sucks!' I had to continue fighting.

When we had defeated that group we had a couple of minutes to recoup when another group was sent in to fight us. We all started again. It was very graphic and gory. I kept thinking to myself, 'It's okay if I die because this is just a dream and I'm gonna wake up in my bed either way.' But then I would take my knife and slice some guys throat and the blood was all over me and the floor.

There was one point when I felt so exhausted that I couldn't go on anymore. I was about to give up and let the other guys just kill me because I just couldn't lift my arm. Just then Kyle Anderson was there to protect me. He said, 'Rest up a second, dude, I've got your back for a spell.' I was so grateful for the break and I was soon back at the battle again.

This went on for several groups. At one point a group came in and there were several guys up in a high spot with bows and arrows. They all had armour on and we didn't. I felt so unprotected but was ready to fight. There was another group of them on the ground trying to use a big rock to get up and join their brethren. I was quick in thinking and reached around and grabbed Chad's sword and was able to stop their progress.

We were all to meet two weeks later. As is usual in dreams, it fast forwarded to that day. My mom had made me a suit of armour and I was showing all my friends how cool it was and bragging about how my mom had made it for me. They were all envious and wished they had one. It was great to feel rested and ready to take on the next wave of fighters."

So that was the dream as he told it to me. I, being me, told him that I felt there could have been a hidden meaning. Like maybe it could be about how we feel we are always fighting for what we believe in and sometimes we feel weak and just want to give up. Brian was thoughtful for a bit and then said, "Hey Mom! This would make a terrific video game!"

I guess the lesson was lost on him! Maybe not, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Testosterone is a mysterious thing. If girls estrogen is to blame for girls' mood swings, then I'm citing testosterone here!