Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Those Eyes!!!

I am walking down the hall chatting with and being followed by the twins. Busy day, busy evening, always rushing, rushing, rushing. Gotta get that homework done, yes, I will download music on your ipods tonight, make sure those beds are made tomorrow morning . . . as I walk into our office. You are standing at your desk and our eyes meet as I enter the room. All else in my head and my world stops. Nothing exists but the two of us in this moment, right here, right now. I am drawn like a magnet to your side of the office where we meet in a sweet embrace and gently kiss. Mmmmm, I love moments like these when we are so connected.

The magic is broken by one of the twin's insistent nagging for attention. But I know that we will resume the magic later. Oh yes, we will be alone together soon enough.

I met you 28 years ago, married you 22 years ago. I have never regretted that decision to be with you (okay, it took a while to convince me we were supposed to be together, but I finally got it, right?) I have cherished all the time we have spent together. Oh, there have been times when I have wanted to throttle you, when you have annoyed or angered me beyond words, but I wouldn't take a moment of our time here in the mortal existence back. No way!

You are my best friend, my lover, my confidant, my anchor. You allow me to be free enough to soar as high as I am able and then you bring me back to earth when I need to be grounded. I love you and am grateful for your strong and steady presence in my ever changing life.

There are times when the world gets too busy and I get lost in the bustle of everyday life. The kids, the schedules, the chores, and keeping up the pace. But then there are those times when you look my way, our eyes meet and I can't help but getting lost in those eyes!

No comments: