Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Girl Time

I had lunch today with my friend, Meredith. We were talking the other day and just randomly scheduled a lunch date. We have had lunch together before but it has always been with our friend, Pattie. Today it was just the two of us. I rather enjoyed myself immensely.

Meredith is a pretty unique individual. First of all, she has not one but TWO sets of twins. Yup, you heard me right. What fascinates me is that she handles the whole thing seemingly with a lot of finese and grace. The girls (yeah, they are ALL 4 girls) seem to just cruise along. The older ones are 8 and the younger ones are 6 months.

Today she had to bring the younger ones to lunch and then her hubby, Brady, came by and picked them up when he was free from work. He was soooo darn cute about it. He walks into the restaurant and just loads up his daughters in the stroller, grabs the gear, kisses his lovely wife and encourages us to have a nice lunch. No jealousy, no nasty looks, no frustrated, "poor me" attitude. I was duly impressed. I know I'm on the outside looking in but it just seems that Meredith has found herself a little bit of a gold mine in that guy. Hang on to him, girlfriend!!!

We chatted about a lot of different things. It just feels good taking time out of my life and bonding with my girlfriends. We women really NEED each other, that fact is now obvious to me.

We both discovered that we like Facebook and blogging. She asked me when I told her that I like to blog almost every day, "Are you going to blog about this?" So after a lot of deep thought I decided that I would LOVE to have a little "entry" about another thing in my life that makes me happy and brings sunshine to my soul.

My girl friends!

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

i'm jealous! meredith is awesome. i'm glad you guys had so much fun. i miss having girl time with shelle...maybe i need to make some friends up here...