Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

Me

Sometimes when we go deeper inside ourselves we find things that we didn't know existed. Sometimes we learn more about ourselves and discover that there is something really cool about who we are. There is a beautiful person inside each of us - someone who often keeps getting pushed deeper inside but longs to surface and scream to the world, "I AM BEAUTIFUL! I AM GOOD! I AM FANTASTIC!"

What would it be like if more people would shed the skin, the shell if you will, that we have taken years to build up around our soul and allow the beauty to shine? What are we afraid of? Are we afraid we aren't cool enough? Afraid that someone will scoff at us? Afraid of failure?

I am oh-so-slowly learning so much about me. I love me. That's taken 50 years to say but, yes, I love me. I am a beautiful, worthwhile, awesome individual. The more time I spend on the mat the more I understand that the only one that cares about what really is under all the crap is . . . ME! The only one that cares about all the cool discoveries I make - spiritual, physical and mental - is ME! I am so excited to become more acquainted with and spend more time with ME!

This isn't conceit. No, far from it. Self love is the absolute first step toward loving others. I am taking that step and am excited about the journey ahead.

No comments: