Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Persistence

So the next chapter in my book is "Persistence". I guess it's the flip side of procrastination. Now, procrastination is familiar to me. I know this friend and I have spent the most of my life bonding with this friend. Persistence? I'm not so sure. Here's where I think I have met my "edge".

When I hear the word "no" I automatically think, "Okay, no means no." I'm told that "no" doesn't always mean no and we need to be a little more (okay a lot more) persistent. So I went out in search of this thing called persistence. Guess what? I found him! It turns out he wasn't too far away. Yup, he was right there in my own home!

Robbie asked me if he could have a friend spend the night (on a school night). I, of course, told him no because he had been away all weekend visiting Brandilyn and Dave in Idaho and had gotten home late the night before. He was tired and had a butt load of homework to complete. He was, wait a minute, what was it? Oh yeah, he embraced his BFF Persistence!!! I couldn't believe my good fortune! Here it was live and in color right there in front of my face! Robbie and Persistence worked their magic and got exactly what they wanted. No didn't mean no. It just meant "try a little harder because I want to see you grovel." I witnessed the whole thing!

So there you have it. I have found Persistence and will embrace this new friend in my business ventures and any other aspect of my life that I find it to be beneficial. I think I'm going to ask my husband to watch the kids while I go to Hawaii for a week by myself to soak up the sun. After all . . . No doesn't mean no!!!!!

No comments: