Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lovin' Sunday!

How can today be anything but fabulous? It started out great, was great and ended great. This morning I got up late - 6:30 - and went out to feed my horses. When I came back in Skip was up and dressed, ready to go. Go where? He's not in the bishopric anymore so his attire was sweats and sneakers. Yes! My man went on a looooonnnngggg walk with me up at the park. I (we, I think) had the best time. The weather was gorgeous.

We went to our new church block -11:00 - 2:00 - and then all came home. Brian announced he was going to clean out his truck (there's a good one), Robbie mentioned that he wanted to go try out his dirt bike that just got adjusted, Skip said he was changing and heading back down the hill for choir practice, the twins just wanted to listen to their ipods and I saddled Zoe up and headed for the hills. Oh, it was glorious. It was a warm 72 degrees with the slightest breeze.

A funny thing that happened - just a side note - was that while I was riding up the road, I caught up to my neighbors and two of their friends that were also out for a Sunday ride. They were all toting a can of Coors beer and informed me that they were out on a "cruisin' ride". Just to have a beer, visit and ride. I said, "That's cool", and moved on (like do people really do that??)

I came back from my ride just at dusk (5:30), fed my horses and headed up to the house. Cory, Sarah and Ava were there and appetizers were just coming out of the oven. Oh, what a wonderful day this has been! I got to visit with my kids, play with my grand daughter and have a wonderful family dinner.

I sure do love Sundays.

No comments: