Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Outta Shape!

Today Courtney got out of school early. I planned (yeah me!) and put her bicycle in the back of my car. We drove over to the club and she rode her bike while I did a 5 mile run. I have always, in my adult life, considered myself to be in pretty darn good shape. Well today proved otherwise. I couldn't believe how I was huffing and puffing my way through the majority of that run! Yikes!

So, now guess what? Yup. I get to do that run on a regular basis until it feels good and I "cruise" through the workout. So for tomorrow? Jacob's bike will be in the back of the car. I ride my horse in the morning, have a noon yoga class and then I hit that course again.

It really sucks when you have to practice what you preach.

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

mom! i've never heard of you huffing and puffing through anything! now, me on the other hand...i'd need a fanny pack for my inhaltor and about one mile in i'd call it quits. i'm a weenie.