Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm Not Stupid!!!!

So this morning, as we were getting ready for our day, my man and I were having a "discussion" . We weren't having an all out argument (I don't think we've had many of those over the years anyway) but we weren't in total agreement. I said something and then he said, "Don't be stupid." Of course, I took this a my opportunity to inform him:
I'M NOT STUPID!!!!!!!!
Skip attempted to explain to me that he didn't call me stupid but I insisted that, yes indeed, he did infer that I was stupid and I resented it.
So why is it that us women like to take one little thing and blow it up really big? I don't do it all the time but there are times it just happens. I know that he doesn't think I'm stupid. How could that be? It would mean that I'm stupid for loving him, stupid for raising our children, stupid for lots of cool stuff I do.
So, to put more egg on my face, he called me after he left and said, "Just for the record, because I don't want you stewing about it all day, I DID NOT CALL YOU STUPID! I said that what you said was stupid." Of course I had to correct him and say, "You said, 'Don't be stupid'." We both laughed and I then informed him that I was going to go blog about the whole thing. He said, "Don't you dare!"
So I did.

2 comments: