Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Great Day

Tonight was a spendid night. Today was a splendid day. What happened today? Oh, nothing in particular.

I woke up sick this morning and my wonderful husband went out and fed the horses for me and urged me to go back to sleep. I did. I woke up at my leisure (7:00 a.m. cuz I'm not very good at the whole sleeping in thing) and got myself pulled together. I paid the bills and then took the kids to town for an appointment. Got my car washed, called my mom and came home.

This evening was wonderful because David and Brandilyn had mercy on a mom that wasn't feeling well and made dinner. It was a fabulous meal and then they proceeded to do the dishes while I dilly dallied on the computer for a spell.

As I look back on this day I can't recall any bickering or disagreeing of any of my family members. And, yes, Brian was in the mix for about an hour of the day. He seemed to be in a decent mood (of course, he had his friend up here and has been doing whatever he pleases all day).

Today, I read something that suggested that I write down everything that I am grateful for. The suggestion was to list 100 things in one day. At first this task seemed daunting but when I got into it, I was amazed at how quickly those little ditties added up. Yes, I have a lot of things to be grateful for.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great stuff Jodelina, why not post the 100 items that you're grateful for? Maybe some of them will inspire us to recall things that we've forgotten. - d