Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

I did it!

It was about 2-1/2 weeks ago when I was attempting to schedule an appointment with someone that it dawned on me that Christmas was upon us. I hadn't realized that it was as close as it was and I hadn't done a dog gone thing to prepare. There were no decorations, no lists, no travel plans to my mom's, no baking plans - nothing! I think I was in denial and rather liking that happy little space that I had adopted for myself.

Well, something in me snapped that day. We had already, like I said earlier, informed the children that Christmas this year was going to be a lot less about the presents so that wasn't an issue. But, somehow, I have magically pulled the whole event together. I stand (sit) here right now completely finished with my shopping. Yup, finished, I tell you. It's a beautiful feeling.

And, guess what??? You can walk into our front room this year because there is a lot less presents. Yeah!!!!! I did good. I stuck to the plan. Christmas morning my husband will be so dog gone proud of me because of a few things. The first (and most obvious) is that the "bill" for the season will be substantially lower than in the past and second the wrapping ceremony will take a lot less time because there is a lot less presents!!!!

So now we focus on the reason for the season (so cliche). Yes, this is the time to reflect on the savior and all that he gave to all of us. He was the ultimate example of how we should mold our lives. I am grateful for him and I am grateful to have this time to ponder all that we have to be grateful for.

No comments: