Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Neglected Blog

Dear Blog:

I've been avoiding you lately. Oh, yes, I've bopped in here and there to see if I had anything positive to say to you but, nay, it was not to be. Life just hasn't handed me much to be uplifted about.

However, I have been pondering a lot and have come up with a couple uplifting diddies to share with you. They are (in no particular order - okay, well maybe the first one is my fave):
  • Brandilyn called and her and Dave are coming next week. Kiyiyippieyiyay!! I'm so stoked. My life has just been kind of a downer lately with all the stuff that this just brightened my day yesterday.
  • Jasmine and her family did FHE yesterday in our garden. Of course, we split the produce but it made my heart happy to see her little family out there weeding and harvesting.
  • Skip brought my new horse trailer home from Idaho and I just love it! It's so much nicer to work with than the old brown one.
  • We listed our home Friday night with the realtor (I have mixed feelings about this but I'm gonna put it on my happy list to show that I'm trying to be positive)
  • I spent the afternoon with Nan Saturday looking at property and areas up east of Sacramento. Didn't find a whole lot I love but it was nice to spend the day with my friend.
  • Still trying to convince Skip that I love Arizona and want to be near Julie. So far it's a no-go but, then, you never know. Right?
  • My garden is starting to pump out some pretty righteous produce. Yay!
  • I sold a few things on Craigslist
  • Did I mention that Brandilyn is coming in a week?

There you have it, my lovely blogspot. I do miss you and I'm grateful that I can still easily tap into Brandilyn's blog from here. I promise that I will do my best to look for positive things in my life to write about. Oh, I just rememebered something funny that happened the other day . . .

My brother, Barry, called me and we were talking awhile on the phone. I was sharing some stuff that I'm not sharing here and he finally said, "Wow, your life sounds pretty rough right now." I affirmed what he had said as I was fighting back tears. He then burst into loud laughter and said, "Hey Jody, you NEED to put all this in your Christmas letter so that people will see that you really are a normal person and that you really do have rough days. Bahahahaha!!!" Well, HE got a good laugh out of that and I have to admit it was kind of funny. Will I do it? Probably not but it IS tempting!

1 comment:

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

Jode, I really am sorry life is so rough, but I am happy that their are some bright spots for you. Love you and hope things get better!