Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Gay Rodeo



I just couldn't let any more time pass without blogging about my weekend. I performed with our drill team at the Gay Rodeo up in Half Moon Bay. I won't post some of the funniest pictures I had on my camera because I don't want to offend some people (yes, I know it IS my blog but I still care what others think).


The top left picture is me loving on that beautiful mare of Brian's that I get to ride. The top right is our drill team! Yay! Bottom left is a funny license plate (22 Butch) that I couldn't resist. Bottom right is Brian posing with Ellie and I. I should actually post a picture . . . oh, I think I will right here . . . here's my Bri Guy getting ready to warm up Ellie (all dressed up her pink gear for our show) in a warm up ring with a bunch of gay guys. Bri was a super trooper but he DID get hit on a few times, lol.
Our team was very well received by these "super cowboys and super cowgirls". They LOVED our costumes (all sequins and sparkle) and they applauded us well when we performed.
Just before I went into the ring on Sunday one of the guys came up to me and told me that I had better watch out because one of the drag queens might want to steal my costume, lol. Too funny,
Oh, and one more thing . . . during the half time, before we went into the ring they had the grand entry. One of the trucks came in carrying a bunch of drag queens that were called the "Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence." These (ahem) gals/guys were TOTALLY garbed out in who knows what but it drew serious laughter from us.
Great day, great fun and, yeah, I had the BEST ground crew (Dave and Brandilyn on Saturday and Brian and Nancy on Sunday). My team even said so!

No comments: