Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 2: My BFF's




Nancy and Brandilyn (yes, Brandilyn, even though she IS my daughter, I'm proud to say that she is also my BFF). Both of these girls are my rock! Yesterday (when I SHOULD have posted this) they were there for me when I was having a pretty rough time and was hysterical in tears. They both listened, without judgement, and just gave me what I needed the most. LOVE!
Brandilyn always makes me feel like I'm talking to someone really safe. She was a butt when she was younger but she has more than made up for the grief that she caused me. It makes me love her all the more when she says she's sorry for the trouble I'm going through right now.
Then, last night for like 4 hours or so, Nan went shopping with me to help me get the stuff I was assigned to purchase for the staging of our home. She allowed me to vent about my issues. By the end of the evening, I was pretty much back to my ol' joking around self.
While we were in Marshalls (a store I really don't like but Nan swears by), Nan was very intently looking at some stuff for MY house. I, being me, became bored and started wandering around (like a little kid). I started picking up some random, really radical junk, and casually walked back up to her. When she looked up at me, she started laughing and said, "What the heck are you doing?" It felt good to start letting go of the troubles that keep wanting to bestow themselves on my shoulders of late. We then went out to dinner at Baja Fresh and I went home feeling a little bit lighter.
Thank you, both of you, for your love and patience while I'm going through this stuff. I love you both so much!!

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

i love you so much! this is the sweetest post ever. thank you for considering me a bff :) you're mine, too