Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bye-Bye Billy

Sad day for me today. I got a text from Irene this morning that said, "hey you can not take lessons on Billy anymore unless you lease or give a deposit on him." Since I can't come up with the cash to buy this gorgeous animal, the writing is on the wall. I started crying and then went out, hooked up my trailer, loaded up Black Horse and took him down to take my lesson.

I had one of the best lessons ever today and almost forgot how much I love Black Horse. I know that I'm ready for a better, more advanced horse like Billy but it was so much fun to cut and rip around on my old friend.

Yes, I'm still sad. My heart hurts and hurt even more when one of the other girls in the barn was tacking him up to ride. I left the barn in tears but I guess that's just the way life is for me/us right now. I'll miss Billy but maybe someday, somewhere there'll be another gorgeous horse that I can call mine and learn to jump really high on. Right?

No comments: