Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 3: Yoga


I LOVE yoga! I can pretty much say that yoga has saved me. I am much more grounded and centered because of my practice. I'm just so "off" when I miss my practice (and I've missed quite a few practices this week because of this dang house thing).
Of course, when I think of yoga, I so very often associate yoga with Gloria, one of my yoga teachers. I have gone on two retreats with her (one to Costa Rica and one to Belize) and am going to Thialand with her in October. She is so wonderful at helping us to really get in and experience each pose to the full potential. Going on retreat is an experience that is just beyond my most vivid imagination.
Laurie Gallagher, though, was my motivation to start the practice like 4 or so years ago. She was/is my friend. I was her visiting teacher when she lived in our ward in Livermore and she would so often talk about how much she loved yoga. I was intrigued and took one of her classes at the club where she occasionally taught. She then managed a studio that opened up (and closed shortly thereafter, much to our dismay) locally and I embraced the practice with all the fiber of my being. Since then, she is now the co-owner of Cosmic Yoga Dog here in Livermore. The studio is fab, the vibe is so very perfect and I just look so forward to almost every day showing up on my mat to practice.
Thank you, all of you, for opening up this wonderful world to me.

No comments: