Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 9: Granny Day


I got to babysit Ava on Thursday! Yay, yay, yay!
This is the first time EVER! Ava is three and a half years old and this is the like the first time I've even been trusted. Okay, really, in Cory and Sarah's defense I do have to say that it is the first time that I've been asked (in a pinch) and I was totally able to do it.
I picked her up from her preschool - way cute. We went to Trader Joe's to grab some grub (cuz that's my favorite "fast food" joint) and we headed to the park to eat lunch. Ava and Courtney played at the park for about 1-1/2 hours and Ava came and sat down beside me and did this fake sleep act. I couldn't resist snapping the shot. She's such a character!
Somewhere in all of that I realized that we were supposed to pick up Jacob (well, meet his bus in town) and we quickly loaded up and dashed across town to discover that we were EARLY!! Hahahaha!!
The kids scored some slurpees at Target and evidentally Ava fell asleep in her daddy's car on the way home with her slurpee still not finished!
So this Grandma gig isn't half bad! Take them, spoil them and send 'em home all tanked up on sugar and fun! Yeah, baby! Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

1 comment:

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

A little glimpse of what I get to look forward to after my kids spend 4 or 5 nights at my Dad and Karen's this week huh? I guess parents can't mind as long as their kids are making fun memories with their Grandparents! Glad you had fun with Ava!