Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Silver Spoon

I'm really having a difficult time wrapping my head around the thought process of my boys. Both are jobless and both don't seem to give a rip. They mooch off their girlfriends and it doesn't seem to bother them one bit. I have nagged, begged and pleaded. I have threatened, black mailed and propositioned both of them. I have even gone so far as to offer to pay for each application they submit. Nope. Too good to get a job.

Robbie had a GREAT job earlier this year but gave it up because he wanted to hang out with his friends. Good one! Brian owes us more money than I can even begin to mention and doesn't seem to feel the least little bit of guilt about not working and paying anything back. So what's a mother to do? Good question.

When Skip and I were their age we both were working our tails off. I, at one point, had three jobs and worked around the clock a lot of days. While I don't really recommend that for anyone, something in that direction would be an improvement.

I'm going to put this out there . . . I have spoiled the living crap out of my kids. I have given them everything and am now reaping what I have sowed. I now have raised a couple of lazy no-good boys who will be of no good to any woman EVER!!! I want to apologize right here and now to their future wives. I'm so sorry. I have ruined your life by providing you with a loser husband that will never be able to provide for you because his only real known talent is operating a remote control from the couch.

I know work is difficult to find right now. However, sitting on the couch, driving around town with loser friends or sleeping most of the day is not going to improve the situation. So here's to me getting tough! Time to go out and kick some #$%!!!

2 comments:

Robyn Pelamati said...

I know exactly where you are coming from Jody....I have one of those also....Mine waits by the mailbox for unemployment.....hmmmm Where did I go wrong? My daughter (the baby) has more responsibilty than all my boys put together! She works full time and goes to college... Is it a "boy" thing? LOL Miss you! ♥♥

Mrs. Henshaw said...

trivalleyjobs.com
bajobs.com
craigslist.com

next step is to kick them out, and let their girlfriends stay.