Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

B-B-B-Budget?

Nnnoooo!!! Not the "B" word! Are you kidding me?

Well, yup, it IS the "B" word for me. Skip came home from the financial planner on Thursday. I totally thought that he was going to tell me that Dick (that's the guy's name) had waved a magical wand over our financial mess and made it all better. Nope, time to wake up Young Lady! No magical fantasy for you!

Needless to say, I thought my life was over and I was completely devastated. I cried myself to sleep that night. Well that was then and this is now. I'm over the pity party and have rolled up my sleeves and am getting myself to work. Yes siree!

I have been madly listing every possible thing I can find in my house on Craigslist. Dang! This is kind of fun! What's even more fun is checking my email and finding a response to an ad that I have placed (well, except for those dog gone scammers that think it's okay to scam people out of much needed money because, for whatever reason, they feel they are more entitled to it than we are). Furthermore, I spent the day today going over all my expenditures for this year and making sure that I have put everything into the correct account. Whew! It's been a lot of work.

So did everything turn out ok? Nope. Still messed up. Am I going to throw in the towel on my life? Nope. We are going to move on. The house is for sale, the stuff is for sale and we are going to just learn to be with what IS. As long as we are together, it's all gonna be ok. Right?

2 comments:

Robyn Pelamati said...

FOR SALE???? WTF You cant leave!

Mrs. Henshaw said...

You can do it! I grew up living on a budget, and carried it over to my marriage. I'm super good with sales/coupons too if you need help with that!