Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Promptings

Yesterday I got some news that really rocked my world in a bad way. I was pretty depressed and felt hopeless yesterday. This, of course, comes on the heels of some pretty bad crap that I've been dealing with with one of my, ahem, kids. Sometimes you just feel like, "what the hell am I doing? Life just sucks and then it just sucks some more and then the major suckage starts rolling in like crazy!"

I went to bed and tossed and turned and tossed and turned. Finally dozed off a bit and got woke up about two this morning with the urgent feeling I needed to visit the temple today. Are you kidding me? Well, this ONE time I chose to be obedient. I got Jacob off to school, showered and off I went. There were only like seven women and three men in our session. Smallest one I've ever attended. However, the spirit was so sweet and strong and I got some much needed direction and comfort. I am loved. I am watched over. I am going to be okay.

The rest of this day? Yeah, it rocked! My dear friend Jasmine came over and we frolicked in the garden for like two hours while Shea, her daughter, watched our kids in the pool. Danielle took the twins overnight so that I can have an evening alone in our house with Mr. Weltz (which, btw, has been nothing short of stellar!).

My advice? When you have those middle of the night promptings . . . never, never, NEVER ignore them. It will always serve you well.

No comments: