Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Something Positive

I'm tired of being Debbie Downer. My life just basically feels like Sucksville, USA right now. There's some really crappy stuff going on that hurts pretty bad.

So . . . I'm going to blog about a fun day. Yep. In spite of the fact that the last thing in the whole wide world I wanted to do today was go to my husbands's mother's family reunion, I went. I hemmed and hawed about it last night and even this morning. I wanted to be by the phone in case someone had some good news to send my way etc., etc., etc.

However, when I remembered that Julie, my sister in law that rocks this world like crazy, was going to be there from Arizona, it was a bit easier to change my mind. So I went. I stuck to her side (except for a brief bit when I got cornered by someone who had a lot of stuff to say about nothing) and I even was able to laugh and sing in my awful off key voice a bit.

I got to see what a beautiful "cabin" Curt and Diane built up in Tahoe. It is pretty amazing. I'm gonna say that if that was my "cabin" I would live there full time and NEVER leave. It was so beautiful.

I forgot my cell phone so my day was somewhat quiet (well there was no cell service there anyway) in that respect. Yes, I had some fun laughs, great eats and a wee bit of a break from my heart ache. I guess I needed this day.

2 comments:

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

So happy to hear you had a good day! Great job looking for the positive, that is hard to do when going through trials, so good for you!

brandilyn said...

i'm guessing curt and di's "cabin" is more of a "mansion"....hahaha. i'm glad you had fun! wish we could have been there