Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

An Unforgettable Time

Day #30: a photo of you when you were happy

I searched and searched for a recent picture of me when I was blissfully happy. I'm not going to say that I'm never happy anymore, but those days are kind of few and far between. I'm confident that things are going to get better soon - really soon - but right now I'm struggling. However, it did say a photo of when I was happy - not a "recent" photo of when I was happy. Right? Besides, it's my blog and I can do with it as I please. So here is a photo of a day when I know that I was so happy. So much has changed in the past 10 years since this photo was taken (actually 11 years and 3 months). This is our family (minus Danielle), the Watterson family and the Wells family. The Wattersons had just moved to Nebraska and Nikki (their youngest - yellow dress in the front) was being baptized. Since we are all such close friends, the Wells and us flew out there to attend the baptism. It was a beautiful day. We then all went on to tour the vistors center at Winter Quarters (I believe the temple wasn't built yet but the visitors center had been there for quite some time).

This was a wonderful outing for all of us. It would be the last time EVER that we would all be together. A little over a year later three members of the Watterson family would return home to Heavenly Father. I know I've mentioned them before (I've even mentioned Terri in this 30 day challenge on day #13) but this family has had a HUGE impact on me and on my family. I love them all so much and miss my friend terribly. The Wells family and us have grown to be very close in the years since. I value Kaylene's friendship so much and consider her one of my absolute besties EVER!

Yes, this was a very happy day. My children were young (not teens) and life was good. Life was so good that I took it for granted. I would be taught to appreciate everything I hold dear by having so much of it taken away from me very soon after this.

1 comment:

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

Jode thanks SOOOO much for posting that picture! What great memories and such young faces!!