Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Post Christmas Musings

So there it is. 30 days in pictures (yeah, well I missed a few days but I got all 30, right?). I'm happy I did the challenge and I'm happy it's over. Now I can blog freely about other stuff that is on my mind.

Today, two days after Christmas, Courtney came walking in with her brand new camera that she got as her big present from us complaining that it wouldn't turn on. Well, the whole bottom part where the battery goes in was broken off. Of course the silly thing wasn't going to turn on! She claims that Jacob grabbed it from her and dropped it. Needless to say, she now has no camera. Tough lesson to learn, I guess. It's not like we're going to run out and buy her a new one anytime soon. Her birthday is in two months. Maybe . . .

Brian's girlfriend, Megan, flies in tonight to spend a week with us before we head back to Idaho to take them to school. Of course, he doesn't know this 411 and is furious right now with her because she isn't answering his texts (she's flying as I type this). We are going to show up at a restaurant and surprise him. Should be good. Skip's kind of worried that it'll all backfire in our faces and he'll be super angry. Oh well . . . just another day in Paradise. Right?

Christmas day started off as the biggest Weltz disaster EVER! The boys were mad because I decided to change tradition up a bit. They ended up launching into full out fury and completely and absolutely ruined Christmas morning with their tempers. Fortunately, my husband was able to salvage the day with his cool head and calm words. I just had to step away from the scene.

Went up to San Andreas to visit Demariea yesterday. I feel bad that he's made some really poor choices to land himself there. It sucks. It sucks that Christmas was spent with a bunch of kids that are rough. Him and I played my favorite game, Rummikub, for like three hours as we talked and he ate (I packed sushi and Diet Coke as per his request). I'm pretty confident that it's finally beginning to sink in with that boy.

Robbie is off snowboarding with his friends for a couple of days. Should be kind of quiet here. Kind of looking forward to a lot less tension in my home. He was in good spirits and why shouldn't he be? It's his 17th birthday next Monday and I'm guessing he's hoping that we will pull through with a couple of cool gifts for him. We'll see . . . (like my momma always said, "wait and see pudding!" Don't know what that really meant but she always said it, lol).

So there is the post Christmas life at our crib. Super excited for a new year to poke it's pretty head into my life and have everything rosy and fun again.

No comments: