Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gassed Up

Okay, I couldn't resist this post.
Today was the big day for Brian. He was scheduled to have his bottom wisdom teeth out. The doc warned that this was going to be a big deal because of the position of the roots of the teeth, yadda yadda yadda. Anyway, Brian was pretty stressed out about the whole ordeal.

This morning I went in and woke the little tike up (he's 20). He was very cute the way he was muttering in his sleepy voice that he wanted me to reschedule the event and have it scheduled at the surgical center so that he could be knocked out. I, of course, said "not on your life, Buddy. We got a BIG day planned and you're the main event!" (Well, actually I might have used a little different verbage but you get the idea).

Brian was pretty ticked off about my lack of compliance in his seemingly reasonable request. As soon as I walked out of his bedroom to finish getting myself ready, I could hear him loudly exclaiming his displeasure with my "attitude" (ahem, you get the picture if you know me and my family dynamic at all). I politely ignored him and calmly walked out to the car. He followed a bit later slamming doors and informing me that I was not a nice mom (once again, I've changed the verbage up a bit to sound a bit more poetic, lol).

We got to the dental office and he had calmed down somewhat (I think the McDonald's breakfast might have softened him up a bit). I smiled, patted him on the back and told him I'd see him in just a bit. This is what took place next:
Yeah, the Brian that I picked up 3-1/2 hours later was still laughing and thinking the whole ordeal was great fun! I guess he was laughing at everything the dentist and his assistant were saying and, at one point, he was asked to quit laughing so that the dentist could cut through the tooth! (Are you freakin kidding me?).

Funny how a little gas can change your whole perspective on life!

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

LOL! yep, you love gas in any form!! hahaha