Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Babykins

Day #23: a photo of your friend as a baby

Like who has that? I guess if you are young (like I used to be) and have been friends with your friend since you were little (which I haven't) then you would have something like this just lying around on your hard drive (which I don't). So, I've decided to exercise my creative license and post this picture:
Yes, this is a picture of my baby (Robbie) when he was young (like 8) on board his trusty steed, Shorty (whom we gave the show name "Goliath"). Why do I post this picture? Because this picture makes me happy/sad. Happy because I remember what a wonderful young man this boy of mine used to be (and will be again someday, I hope). Happy because he was such a talented rider and had such great potential as such. Sad because things change and so do people. My sweet young boy has turned into a teenager and . . . well . . . what more can I say? Once he discovered gasoline and perfume it was all over!
However, because I'm his momma (and a proud one at that) I can post this picture on my blog and brag. Yes, this is my boy and I love him. Just the way he is and just the way he isn't.

No comments: