Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

What beautiful hair you have, my dear!

Day #24: a photo of you that your hair looks nice in

What the heck? You mean like there's actually a time when my hair DOESN'T look nice? What is the implication here? Lol. Well, in all reality, I'm not happy with most photos taken of me and it really doesn't have much to do with my hair. It would be a bit south of there but then that's another story. So, for today, here's the picture I have chosen:
This is Courtney's adoption day. We adopted Courtney officially in the spring of 2005. She came into our life and family in August of 2004. Adjusting to a new member of our family was not an easy task. Robbie, who was the baby FOREVER, had the most difficult time (still does, I think). Not long after we took Courtney into our home, we were allowed to meet and then eventually adopt her twin brother, Jacob.

For the most part, this has been a positive thing for our family. Our children have had the opportunity to learn how to share with someone who didn't have anything. They have had to learn to adapt to new personalities on a day to day basis. Regrets? Yeah, of course there are. There are regrets in a lot of things we do. Am I grateful to have the twins in our family? Yes, I am. On days when I feel like the whole family is against me, it is always Jacob and sometimes Courtney that is there to give me a hug and make me feel like I'm the bestest mom ever. How can you top that?

And, if all else fails . . . my hair looked pretty dang good on this adoption day!! Right?

No comments: