Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Good Times

Day #21: a photo of you standing up

I was going to post a picture of me standing in Thailand by a colorful wall with my hat that I had just purchased on. I LOVE that picture of me. However, I've already posted it on my Thailand trip post and it would be redundant to re-post the same picture (even though I'm sure that I've posted several pictures multiple times - B-O-R-I-N-G!!). So, I decided to post this never-before-seen-picture of me standing up instead: This picture was taken back in 2006. Skip and I were on a cruise in the Carribean (a trip from our, ahem, kids for Skip's 50th birthday present - lucky guy!). If I could do this cruise over again, I would have postponed the trip until I felt better. It was my first experience with a cruise and my/our first experience with the Carribean.

I had broken my finger and gotten a bone infection as a result just about a month before. A week before the cruise I was in the hospital for a week and had had surgery on said finger. It was this big drawn out dramatic deal. Anyway, I went on this cruise and was not allowed to get that finger wet. Somehow, I think the meds I was on limited me to the sun as well but I'm not really clear on that one (I'm not clear on a lot of things, lol).

Okay, so you can tell by the burn on my chest that I had NOT had any sun for quite some time (as I mentioned before, I'm a HUGE sun worshipper so burning is not something I do often). In addition, I'm wearing clothing that I distinctly remember as being extremely uncomfortable. I'm sure that I thought I looked good or something. Whatever.

Bottom line . . . things change. Nowadays -

I don't wear clothing that I'm not comfortable in any more. Not even to go out for a special occasion and I would NEVER waste good time and money on a trip that wasn't going to be the time of my life. Life and money are short Why waste any of it?

What I do like about this picture is that I was blissfully happy and didn't even know it. Things were so great for us then and we (okay, I, because I know that Skip NEVER takes things for granted) just really didn't appreciate what we had. The kids were all pretty well behaved and our financial situation was comfortable. Well, like I said . . . things change and change is good because it forces us to appreciate the good times even more.

No comments: