Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Time Out


Today was a blustery day. The wind was howling outside and the rain was taking a break. The twins had finished their homework and I had finished feeding the animals. The boys were in town at the club and Skip is out of town till Sunday. A perfect opportunity for a time out.


We jumped into our suits and climbed into the hot tub. It was such an enjoyable treat. We talked, laughed and just enjoyed the little break.


What amazes me is that we (well, I) get so caught up in our rushing, rushing life that we don't take time out for life's simple pleasures. I see so many Facebook status of mothers who are so busy, busy, busy. That, to me, is sad. One day my children will be all grown and gone and all I will have left is the memories of their childhood (oh, and my handsome husband).


I am grateful that God has given me a "second chance" at this mothering thing by allowing me to raise the twins. It's amazing how easy it is now for me to walk away from my to do list and go on a hike, sit in the hot tub or just play with my kids.

No comments: