Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Blessing

Many, many, many years ago we became friends with a family called the Wattersons. We became bestest estest estest friends with them. We did EVERYTHING together. Brandilyn was best friends with Jillian, I was best friends with Terri, Skip was best friends with Rick. We embraced each other's families to the billionth degree. I always really really really wanted Shauna Leigh and Danielle to be close but that never happened (cuz I ADORE Shauna Leigh).

They moved to Nebraska and life went on. We still stayed close. Things changed over the years and Terri, Jamie and Nikki went back home to live with Heavenly Father. It was a tough transition for all of us to make but we have learned to live with our Heavenly Father's plan.

People change and situations change. I still love the family and support them unconditionally. Brandilyn and Jillian kind of drifted apart somewhat (they still love each other but they have changed). What is amazing, though, is that Brandilyn and Shauna Leigh have started to get closer.

Just this morning my darling princess called me to tell me that her wonderful husband is really, really sick. She was really frustrated and then "remembered that she has family right there in Rexburg". She called Shauna Leigh and asked if her husband and Derek could come and give Dave a blessing today after church. Shauna was happy to comply and even thanked Brandilyn for giving them the opportunity to serve and exercise their priesthood.

I am grateful for the Watterson family and even more grateful that we can still call each other "family" after all of these years. I love each and every one of you Wattersons! You ARE my family.

1 comment:

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

We love you and your family too!!! Look forward to seeing you in just under 3 weeks!