Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Growing Pains

As I was looking at my calender for tomorrow, I noticed that tomorrow night the Charter School has a meeting for parents of next year's incoming middle school students. I kind of didn't process the whole thing until tonight (yeah, I'm one of those that doesn't really pay much attention to tomorrow until tonight).

What really struck me was that the twins are starting middle school in September! Yikes! Somehow in my mind they just always remain six years old. We have to go to a meeting about BOTH of those little guys. Holy crap.

I'm sitting here trying to envision both of them interacting with other kids in middle school. Going to different classes with different teachers all day long. Coming home with boat loads of homework and processing the whole thing. I'm a little scared. Scared for them AND scared for me.

One thing I am grateful for, however, is that they are going to the Charter School. They will be removed from all the crud that goes on in the regular public schools. The drawback on the Charter school is that they are academically more advanced then the public school. My little guys will have to rise to the occasion.

So, as it goes in life, we need to take the easy with the hard. Like one wonderful sister shared with us in Sacrament this last Sunday: Hard is just hard. There are different levels of hard. There is cancer and dying kind of hard and then there is middle school hard (well, she didn't say "middle school" she actually said "temple" but you get the idea).

I'm happy to be just experiencing "middle school hard" for now. :)

No comments: