Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Come and Go

Sometimes we make our closest friends through our children. That has happened to me more often than not. Then, there are times that we lose that friendship because of our children. That, too, has happened to me. Right now I'm trying to cope with just that.

My boys did something wrong with the son of a close friend of mine. I agree that what they did was bad and I have interacted with my boys about said transgression. I wasn't going to say anything to my friend because I didn't want to cause friction between our families but after the "event" had happened a couple of times and the law was involved I simply had to tell her. BIG MISTAKE!!!!! I should have kept my big fat mouth shut!!

My friend told me to parent my own children and that she NEVER wants our boys to interact again. Never, never, never under ANY condition. Wow, that's harsh! They go to school and church together. This is going to be a tall order. I told my boys and they are pretty upset. Oh well!

I guess the biggest loss is my friendship. I love this woman and my heart is breaking. I hate this. I truly do. Our daughters are close friends, our boys WERE close friend and I THOUGHT her and I were very close friends.

I guess you just never know . . .

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

at least i'm not going anywhere, right??
and true friends don't just peace out like that...so maybe she wasn't truly your friend in the first place. call it an edification of your associations.
i love you no matter what your boys do :)