Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Visit

My friend came to visit again. She always shows up around this time of year, it seems. I used to see her all the time at first and then it was just periodically, when she felt I needed her there, I guess. I was so happy to see her. She's the closest friend I have ever had and I have missed her so. She was wearing white, like she always seems to wear so well, and she looked absolutely radiant. I can't describe it any other way.

I was fussing about a diet that I have been thnking about to lose some weight. She then got a look in her eye and said, "How about the bread diet? We eat bread and butter every morning and then just drink water all day to make up for it." I said, "That sounds like fun. Let's do it!!"

She made the best whole wheat bread. We sat and slathered gobs of butter on the warm bread and just ate the decadent treat, not missing a morsel. We had gone about 2 hours and I said, "I'm ready for more bread." She then informed me that we weren't supposed to have more bread until tomorrow morning but now seemed good nonetheless. I grabbed half the loaf and headed for the table. She was laughing and joined in with me. It was so good to hear her laugh again.

She then asked if we could get down on our knees and give thanks for the bread and all the blessings that our Father has given us. She prayed. She then was pouring out her heart to Father about something that seemed to be troubling her. Someone that was upsetting her family. I couldn't understand but didn't want to interrupt.

It was then time for her to go. Oh, how I wanted to go with her. It isn't my time yet. I still need to stay here and raise my family and progress further. However, I know that when it is my time to pass through the veil, she will be there and it will be such a sweet reunion.

I love you, Terri. Thank you for stopping by.

No comments: