Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

On Hold

I stepped off the treadmill from my morning workout and grabbed my bottle of water. As I was chugging away, I happened to look up on the top shelf in my husband's shop and saw his enormous stack of boxes of golf balls (he has OCD, duh). It made me sad.

Skip retired from work three years ago. Since then, he has learned to manage his life around his golf schedule. He would leave for three or four days and do his golfing tour in the midwest somewhere or even in Phoenix. I knew that on golfing days that the kids were MY responsibility and that he was unavailable. Smart man.

Unfortunately, the economy and our lifestyle has demanded a change in our cash flow. An opportunity came for Skip to return back to work. I know that that is the LAST thing he wanted to do. After all, who wouldn't be enjoying retirement? But, he has ponied up and taking charge of our life like a man. He now is back to work and I don't see him until sometimes AFTER dinner. Sigh.

I just want you to know, Skip, we appreciate all the sacrifice that you are making for our family. I know the children don't understand how precious your time and money are but I do and I love you all the more for it. Right now you are doing what needs to be done.

As I look up once again at those golf balls on the shelf, I smile and know that they will be waiting for your return to the golf course so that they can get the living crap knocked out of them! Fore!!!

No comments: