Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Un-Rated

My friend just posted a note on my Facebook that mentioned that she observed me sleeping during Sacrament today. For the record I was NOT sleeping! I was MEDITATING!!! Yeah, MEDITATING! Okay, you got me. The talks weren't doing it for me and I had a lot on my mind to "meditate" about.

During second block I usually don't go to my class. I don't like my class. Sorry, it's true. Instead I opt to host a tailgate party in the parking lot or work on my meditation in the lobby. But today my friend, Jordan, was at church and she was going to Gospel Essentials (I didn't even know we had a class with that name!) Sounded intriguing so I followed her in. The teacher asked us to all introduce ourselves (introduce myself? I've been a member of this ward for 12 years!!). So, being the smart alek that I am, I said that I was an investigator of the church. He asked me my name and I said that my name was Jody Weltz. He then asked if I was the same Jody Weltz that was married to Skip Weltz. Uh, Busted! The gig was up :(((

We had a fire alarm during second block which made it very entertaining. We got to go on a field trip out into the parking lot. I felt like I was back in high school where we look for any excuse we can find to be distracted from the business at hand (sounds like ADHD but it's not!).

During third block I hung out in the back row with my irreverant friends. We tried our best to be disruptive but the teacher (bless her heart) was patient and rolled with it. However, I did get "the look" from my friend (the same one that observed me meditating) when it was time to sing and was forced to whip out my hymnal and pretend to sing along. Sigh.

So next week I substitute the 15-16 year old class. This should be most delicious!!



No comments: