Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wants

I want new clothes - you know, the stylish ones that look really cute. I want a thinner body (what woman doesn't?). I want lots of really cool jewlery. I want a hot little 2-door Mercedes to buzz around in. I want a massive quantity of money in my checking account. I want, I want, I want.

Funny, we all have "wants". What's ironic is that we are ALL in a time now where the wants have to go on hold and we focus on the "needs". I'm so okay with this and I feel that I am doing so well on refraining from spending "real" money (I have my little check register that I deposit magical money in and spend it on lots of wants. It's fun!). I haven't seen the inside of a Target for about three weeks now. Amazing!!!

Last night my son, Brian, was fuming and storming around our home pissed off because our internet was down (again). There was nothing I could do about the situation so I just let him be pissed off. He then spouted off by saying, "This sucks that we have to live way the hell out here. I wish we lived in town so that I could just go hang out with my friends. This place sucks. There is nothing to do. I'm so bored. I hate it here!" Mind you, Brian is 18 years old and DOES NOT have to stay here! The way I see it, it's his choice!

Fast forward to this morning. The charming little boy woke up just as foul as he went to bed. He was all angry because there was no gas in his truck (he gets two fill ups a week and isn't due for another fill up till tomorrow). I just calmly said, "What do you want me to do about it, Brian?" He screamed out of our home, slamming doors and burned rubber all down the driveway in a fit of rage (in OUR truck). Mind boggling. He then informed me on the phone, "I'm just going to move out. I've had it with all of this crap!" Cool.

My point is this. What the heck?!?!? This kid has no idea what he's got! He's got a home, a vehicle, gas, clothes, food etc. etc. etc. All because his last name is "Weltz"! He has no idea what it is to want! Nothing will bring me more joy than to watch this child transform the way I have watched his sisters do when they move out. This one is going to be a real treat to watch.

It seems to me that this will be worth trading in a lot of wants to witness this little goodie. Bring it on, baby! Oh, and please can I have some popcorn while I'm enjoying the show? (Would that be a "want" or a "need"?)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

you really do NEED popcorn to watch a good show!

Sister Piazza said...

haha See, the best things in life are free. Can I watch the show with you?