Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gail

My sister, Gail, and I haven’t always been close. I was the oldest and she was the youngest in our family as we were growing up. I picked on her a lot because I could. It was my right, after all, as the oldest sibling in the family!!! I was the one that seemed to be always getting into trouble. I did, however, have a partner in crime. My brother. I was his mentor in the trouble department and I trained him well. So well, in fact, that he exceeded my expectations in this area. I was a proud sister. But that is a different story.

As we have journeyed through adulthood, my sister and I have grown closer than ever. We have discovered that we have very similar personalities (which would explain why we clashed as kids). Of course, our dad has the same disposition that we do. We are a laid back group. Our other sister, brother and mom are a little more intense. We love them, nonetheless.
As it turns out, turn about is fair play. My sister and I talk on the phone at least 3 times a week. I look forward to our conversations and even get excited when I see her number on my caller I.D. So, we talked a couple of days ago and were discussing our individual businesses. She told me of how she attended a business class and was instructed to write a mission statement and an elevator speech for her business. She then challenged me to do the same. Ugh!
Today as I was traveling I decided to do my “assignment.” It’s amazing! I feel more confident and optimistic about my little business. I feel as if I finally have clarity and a direction. This is the most empowered I have felt in a long time.
Okay, I’ll say it. My sister knew best. And, yes, I love you, Gail. You are my sister AND my BFF!

No comments: