Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stay at Home Mom

Today is my first official day as a stay-at-home-mom. I have had a simply fantastic day and am excited for more fantastic days like today. I started dinner, jammed on the laundry pile, called and got some random charges reversed off my VIsa (believe it or not, this is a biggie) and spent a minute bonding with my beloved equine babies. Yes, this has been one of the best days of my life.

Some might argue that I have "always" been a stay-at-home-mom. NOT!!!! You see, we moved out here in the hills 12 years ago. Since then, I have been a slave to my children in school. I have been paralyzed because it simply doesn't make sense (economically or time-wise) to come all the way home and then leave in 2-3 hours to head back to town to pick up my children. I have simply not been able to be in my home. I have been a master at finding random things to do in town (unfortunately, they usually cost money).

Enter Brian. Yes, Brian. Brian has a dilema and Mom has a dilema. You've read about mine. Brian's is this. Brian wants $$$ and gas. Jobs aren't that plentiful and he's really become discouraged about the whole job search. I had a brilliant plan. Brian does my afternoon pickups, I pay a set amount per day plus an extra tank of gas for the week. Bada bing, bada bang! We are both happy as can be! Where do these brilliant ideas of mine come from?

So, yeah, I have a life! I ate lunch outside in the beautiful sunshine (sorry Idaho) and enjoyed every blissful moment. My loyal canines kept me company (actually just hoping beyond hope that I would chuck a morsel their way) and I got to meditate in the quiet. I think I have died and gone to heaven.

My family benefits too! They get a REAL dinner tonight. Imagine that!!!

No comments: