Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Capitulate

The meaning of this word is: to surrender on certain terms or conditions.

I didn't know this until this morning. I was in the shower and my husband and I were having a conversation about whatever and he used this word. Now, my husband has been one, in my opinion, to always be using words out of context. I was his secretary for years and was constantly rewording his letters so that they would make sense to the recipient (I wanted my boss to look good!).

At any rate, I really thought my husband said something else and I was really getting kind of pissed off (because I asked him to repeat the word three times - say it out loud and you will know where I'm going with this). When I finally got that he was saying "capitualte" and not something else, I asked him what he thought that word meant. Surprise, surprise, surprise! He was spot on (I looked it up).

Capitualte is my word of the day. Perfect for a yogi! I will capitulate in my practice today and allow my body to experience a deeper and more fulfilling practice. I will capitulate more in conversation with my teenagers (hmmm, what might that result in?). I will capitulate more in traffic.

I think this new word can be a super buzz word for all. What if EVERYBODY learned to captiulate more??

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

haha capitulate...kiosk...wentess...