Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Grateful

Tonight Skip and I were getting ready to go to our Saturday evening stake conference session. I was dragging my feet all afternoon/evening about wanting to go but finally let him talk me into it. You see, lately I've been kind of neutral about church and it's been a chore to get me moving in that direction. Whatever.

After I was dressed I decided that I wanted to accessorize my outfit. I went into my jewlery drawer and had decided that I wanted to wear my grandmother's wedding ring. I opened the case and . . . IT WAS GONE!!! I started to hyper ventilate and, of course, cry. I then opened another case where my tanzanite ring that Skip had bought me in the Carribean was and THAT was gone! I was mortified! Someone had stolen my jewlery. Skip, knowing his wife, suggested that maybe I had misplaced it. I assured him that I KNOW they were in these boxes and THEY WERE GONE!!

I tearfully left with my husband and headed to stake conference. I has having a lot of trouble focusing on the speaker but was, instead, pondering something that Danielle of all people had just said to me while we were texting en route to the church. She told me to pray. Hmmm. What a concept. Decided to give it a try.

Robbie called and I excused myself from conference to take the call. He had held a "family conference" in our absence and had pursuaded everyone to go to their rooms and anomysly put anything they had that belonged to mom out on the kitchen counter. Long story longer, a member of my family had put a few things out there. Robbie then pressed this young person and they had produced a whole bag of my stuff (including the two rings) that they had thrown in the garbage in panic mode when I was "losing" it tonight.

So there it is. Robbie is my hero and I am soooo grateful to have those rings back (especially my grandma's ring). It just goes to show you - when you stand in holy places and put your trust in the Lord, he will never let you down. (No, Brandilyn, this lesson did not get wasted on me, thank you very much).

2 comments:

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

What great parents you are Skip are to have taught your children so well that they are now able to show you what they have learned from you. I'm very happy you have the rings back.

brandilyn said...

hey! why would i think lessons are wasted on you??

robbie's a smart kid. and the other, not-so-smart kids...we'll learn :) someday.