Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

BISCUITS!!

My husband just walked into my office and asked if we had any of those Pillsbury canned biscuits in the refrigerator. Um, no we are on a "BUDGET"! Remember??? Luxuries like canned biscuits are a thing of the PAST!!! I actuallyy felt kind of bad for him. He looked like a little kid that just had his candy taken away from him. He looked crushed!

So, being the awesome wife that I am, I suggested that I make biscuits myself. He said, "How you going to do that?" Is this a reflection on my lack of enthusiasm in the kitchen or what?

I said, "I can just make them from stuff we have in the pantry."

He replied, "You mean, from scratch? You know how to do that?"

Oh, my mother would be mortified if she were in the same room as we were just now. She would say something like, "Jody! Of course you know how to cook. You are a damn good cook. You mean to tell me that you haven't been preparing great food for your family?" Well, we aren't going to let her in on this little escapade of mine, now are we!?!?

I am now heading into the kitchen to show my family that, yes indeed, I am capable of being on a budget and making food that is palatable from our food storage. I guess this means that the secret is now out. It isn't that I CAN'T cook - I just HATE it. I hate cooking. That is all there is to it!

Damn! This budget thing is killing me!

No comments: