Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Skip vs. Facebook

The other day as I was on Facebook doing my "thing" I couldn't help but notice that my dear husband was standing over my shoulder and watching everything that was going on on my screen. He was wondering out loud if we would be able to look up some old friends of his from his school years and add them to my "friends" list so he could see how they were fairing life. At first I was annoyed by this action but then I had an epiphany!

What if I set up a Facebook for him? How hard could that be? Well I knew the set up would be easy but then would he be able to navigate the thing? After all, we ARE talking about my husband who types by the "hunt and peck" method.

Well, we set him up and I couldn't believe my eyes! He was up and running in record time. He had already scored 45 friends by the end of his first 24 hours on the thing! He was telling me all this random stuff about people I have never even heard of! I've been married to the guy for like 22 years or something and I had no clue what the heck he was talking about.

I've decided that I've created a monster! Every time I go back to the office he's on that blasted computer laughing and pecking at the keys. He's off in another world (I'm grateful, however, that he did decide to state that he's in a relationship with me).

So there we have it. Things aren't always as they appear and we never really know where our paths will take us. I'm just grateful that the paths my husband have both traveled on have always seemed to bring us closer together. Go Facebook!