Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

The Three A's

As I was browsing my Facebook and reading the status of my friends, I noticed that one of my friends posted her status as:

___________ is glad that her husband is out slaying dragons for our family. I love you, honey.

I was touched by that. What a wonderful wife she is and must be to her husband. All too often we women forget to do the most simple and obvious things that make our men happy. One of the things on that very small list is to acknowledge the things he does and show appreciation for them. If more wives would adhere to the three A's, as I like to refer to them, there would be a lot more happy marriages and a lot less broken homes and families. They are:

Appreciation, Attention and Affection

In no particular order. I, for one, need a lot of reminding in this department. And, I would like to thank my friend for bringing this to my attention today.

My husband is always doing wonderful things around our place just because he enjoys making me happy. He will go down to the barn and "putz" around cleaning up the alley, discarding all the twine I throw around and then he will always load a bale of hay on the Gator for me and reload the feed. Not a lot of effort on his part but, boy, does it make my life a lot easier. I really strive to let him know that, yes, I noticed what he did and thank him for it. What I love is that he quietly does these random acts of love with no expectation of praise but I can tell that it means a lot when I notice.

So, Skip, I love you and appreciate you more than you will ever know. You are the bestest husband for me and I am so grateful that you put up with me and are willing to bring sardines (don't ask) home for me to make me happy. I am a very lucky and grateful girl. As for the attention part? Well, as a friend of mine once said, "Some things are just better left between a husband and his wife."

Enough said.

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

daddy IS awesome. and i hope you enjoy those sardines, shamu :) you know he totally digs your bod no matter what, haha.