Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Wild Things!

This morning as Robbie was driving to seminary (with your's truly riding shotgun - um, playing with my apps on my iPhone instead of coaching my kid with a learner's permit) I happened to look up as a bunny came scampering onto the road. My talented kid was able to smoothly maneuver the car to miss the lucky creature. Of course, just seconds later another bunny popped out. Sorry, that one wasn't so lucky. I asked Robbie, "Did you hit it?" (as the car went "thud-thud"). He casually shook his head in the affirmative (like I said, he's not big on conversation, this boy of mine).

Just as we were recovering from that little mishap a deer jumped right out in front of our car. Robbie, being the skilled driver he is, managed to miss that. He then exclaimed, "Oh my gosh! These frickin' animals!"

Somehow the whole thing had me chuckling. Not only did my boy speak in the morning but he actually said something that made me laugh.

Yup, you woulda thought it was the beginning of a fabulous day . . .

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

i like robbie...a lot :)