Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Laugh, Laugh, Laugh

They say that laughter is the best medicine and I have to say that right now, right here, in this moment I agree.  Lately, our family has been thrown a challenge that is pretty hard to take.  It has been all consuming and, quite frankly, this would be the reason for my not blogging lately.  I really strive to not be negative on my blog so silence has been the best option.

However, today has been choice.  I spent the day with Brandilyn.  We went shopping and had a lot of laughs (Brandilyn is hilarious as I have said before).  I said to her at one point, "You know, Princess, if you weren't my daughter, we would totally be best friends!"

Brandilyn looked over at me and smiled then said, "Mom, we ARE best friends!"

True that!

Okay so then this evening Brooke and Nick came over for dinner and the five of us had a great time.  I got to zone Nick's feet and we all got a good laugh at how mellow the usually jovial, high energy Nick became.  We also got a good laugh from the fact that Brooke shared with us about a saying that Dave is fond of:  The skinnier the watch face, the wealthier the man.  Needless to say, Dave has a very thin watch!!!

I have to say that my spirits are substantially higher tonight.  I don't know what tomorrow or the next day will send my way, but right here, right now, in this moment I am happy and at peace and for that I am grateful.

No comments: