Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Unfit Mother

This really made me feel great about myself as a mom.

Yesterday I took Courtney over to her friend's house for a sleepover. Courtney usually gets pretty excited about spending the night at Amanda's house. She packs like a week in advance and talks non-stop about the pending event. Anyway, as she was getting out of the car I asked her what was in the grocery bag she was carrying. She responded with, "It's my P.E. clothes."

"Why would you be taking your P.E. clothes to Amanda's house?", I inquired.

"They need to be washed."

"Court, I will wash your P.E. clothes when I get home. Just leave the bag with me."

Long hesitation, biting lip and looking up at me with doubting eyes . . . "are you sure?"

OMG! Don't I feel great! So, yeah, the clothes are in the washer as we speak. I'll show her!!!

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

haha!! how mean, you never wash her clothes!!