Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Rollin Along!

Today, I was really super duper tired so I showed up at the twins' school early, kicked my seat back and snoozed for about 20 minutes. Somehow I miscalculated what time they were out of school and was awakened by Jacob's voice saying, "Mom's over there!!!" I sat up quickly and tried to compose myself to make it appear as if I totally planned on just sitting in my car and awaiting the arrival of my darlings.

Funny thing. They came walking over to my car with one of Jacob's aides in tow. She was pulling a rolling backpack and approached my car. My initial reaction? "Uh-oh. What did Jacob do now?" (Thank heavens I just "thought" that instead of saying it out loud). Well, this nice woman came to ask me if it was okay if she gave this blue rolling backpack to Courtney. Evidentally, they have seen her hunched over carrying this extremely heavy backpack of her's and felt sorry for her. (What they DON'T know is that Courtney never ever cleans out her backpack so it has everything in it since kindergarten!). Needless to say, I found the gesture really thoughtful and graciously accepted the offer.

Tonight? Yeah, Courtney now has a new (lighter) backpack sitting by the back door that is newly organized (first time since kindergarten). She's happy and I'm sure her back will also be happy.

No comments: