Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

The Procrastinator!!!!


That's me! I almost always manage to get things done but I seem to wait until the 11th hour causing those close to me to often launch into panic.

Halloween has been no exception. Courtney has been asking me since my birthday in mid September (I think even before) when she could expect to be going out and purchasing a costume for Halloween. I keep blowing her off and blowing her off. Not very nice, I know, but, hey it's my nature!

So, today was the big day. We went to Target and I told the twins to head back to the costume area and pick out their costumes while I shopped around for the stuff I had to get. They were there for like 45 minutes before I showed up. Jacob, in true Jacob form, still was not able to make a decision. Courtney had her costume all picked out - right size even. When the costume that Jacob picked out had a mask and I had informed him of our "no mask" rule, he found himself in a pickle (frankly, knowing how hard it is for him to make decisions, I was in a bit of a frenzy myself). I pulled the first costume that I saw with no mask in his size and his face lit up! "Yes, yes, yes! That's the one I want! Can I get a light saber to go with it?"

The best part? Procrastination paid off in this case. Costumes were on clearance so I scored them at like $10 a piece and that made the light saber TOTALLY do-able! And . . . check this out! They are color coordinated!!!

No comments: