Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Road Trip!

Robbie and I left Rexburg yesterday after church and drove to Winnemucca for the night. When we got out of our car, there was an elderly couple also getting out of their car and checking into the same hotel we were. This morning we came down to have breakfast and there they were - having breakfast at the same place (well, it IS free there), same time. We gassed up, hit the road and stopped a couple of hours out cuz "someone" had to pee. Guess what?!?!? There they were! Not kidding! So . . . what does this say about me? Yup, that's what I'm thinking too.

Our trip home was not uneventful today. We had rain solid the whole way with snow up in the Sierras (anyone who knows me knows how terrified I am of driving in the snow). We ended up stopped on the freeway for an hour because of an accident and then again when we were approaching Sacramento.

All in all, it was an okay trip. I had Robbie as the main pilot and he insisted on "tunes" (something I never indulge in anymore). He isn't one for conversation so I got real aquainted with the "apps" on my iPhone and played some fun word games.

I've got mixed emotions about being home. I miss my Oboe Joboe and the Destroyer something fierce but the sweet reception I received from the twins when I got home was priceless. They hugged me solid for about a minute at the school and Courtney has been attached to my hip since we've been home. To boot . . . I've officially been mauled by Marley and Pierre as well. Yeah, it's good to be home.

No comments: