Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No Worries!

I got up early this morning and went for a run - 4:30 a.m. to be exact. It was a full moon, calm morning (because that is rare here where I live) and a pleasant temperature (about 75 degrees). I went to the park and was able to run with only my dog and my thoughts.

It made me reflect on how grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father that has created this beautiful place for us to live and grow in. I am grateful for the power of prayer and for the gift of personal revelation. For example: Yesterday I was in Brian's face (a little) about going on a mission. I was giving him the usual talk about how we would finance his education after he serves a mission. He was going back and forth with me and jibbering about how it will ruin his life, etc. At any rate, I got this very strong impression that I needed to shut my mouth - it was all in the Lord's hands. I haven't mentioned the subject since to him. He has approached it a little but I just keep my mouth shut. I trust that my Heavenly Father is mindful of him and will send him promptings where they are needed and will be heeded.

I am also grateful for this little period of time where I am given a "break". It was funny but while I was running (as I always do) I try to ponder the things that are weighing on me and often am inspired of what direction I should go to resolve the problem. Today, the only thing that I could think of was Brian and his life direction and I, again, got the gentle hand on my shoulder telling me, "Daughter, don't worry, it's in my hands."

Hence, I couldn't come up with something else to worry about. Tsk, tsk, what a day - nothing to worry about. I guess I will go out and enjoy this beautiful earth and life that is a gift from above! After all, it's all in the Lord's hands, right?

No comments: