Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Another "Aha" Moment

Yesterday I spent 2-1/2 hours at my Footzoning class craming information into my brain. Anatomy is not my strength but I am discovering that I can actually do this school thing and I'm not all bad at it. I have my mid-term testing in Las Vegas next week and I'm supposed to know so much information. I'm a little overwhelmed. I'm doing okay until Linda, the woman who is taking this class with me, comes. She is so stressed out over this that I find myself feeding off of her. I have to remind myself to calm down and just focus on my own learning. I am also learning that if I can let go of the "chatter" in my brain it can actually maintain some small amount of information. Amazing that I have waited 50 years to come to this realization.

To think that maybe a year from now I COULD actually be certified to do Footzoning is pretty exciting. I really am anxious to get all this "textbook" stuff behind me and actually start fondling feet (I know, who would have thought . . .). To be even close to the level that my coach, Lezlie, is a worthy goal I have.

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

i know without a doubt that you can and will do this, and not only that, you're going to be amazing :) it's never too late to find something that you love and excel at it.